Friday 13 May 2011

Women with a degree do NOT sell lipsticks! Right???


Say hello to Hyacinth

Diamond bumblebee
I have been building my business successfully for 17 years and I am now a Senior Sales Director with Mary Kay Cosmetics. Before starting, I had very bad skin. I had so many sports I could have sold spots! I had tried expensive and cheap skincare products to no avail, and I wore makeup very badly. It consisted of orange foundation and red lipstick – hey, it matched everything! Then my friend and recruiter forced me to try the products, and to my amazement I discovered that my skin was not orange, and I was not destined to have spots forever. In two months they had left me.

I had just finished my degree in Law and Psychology and was planning on studying further to teach Maths. I had large student debt, and I needed to earn some extra money to bolster my full-time earnings as a salon manager.

I only considered becoming a Mary Kay consultant because I was impressed with the products. I had no intention of permanently selling lipstick for a living. I gave myself 6 months as a team leader and then I would leave Mary Kay. I may have been a snob and broke, but I had a degree, and women with degrees do not sell lipstick…or so I thought. Little did I know this was the beginning of my PhD in business, and in life.

Since then, I have won the use of 7 free cars, countless diamond jewellery, and trips to destinations including the Bahamas. What I love the most about this business is that there is no glass ceiling. This is really a business where the sky’s the limit!
Free pink mercedes 

No comments:

Post a Comment